The setting up of a Centralized Treasury Fund Disbursement system began in 1958 by the former “Interim Administrative Reform Council of the Office of the President,” during which the Executive Yuan decided to conduct planning for the long-term. The amended National Treasury Act was passed after three readings by the Legislative Yuan in 1970 and promulgated and implemented by the Office of the President. The Executive Yuan decided that the implementation of the Centralized Treasury Fund Disbursement system would be phased in for central government agencies, and formally established the Taipei Disbursement Office on October 1 of the same year. The Taipei Disbursement Office was in charge of centralized Treasury Fund disbursement operations of central government agencies including disbursement operation plans, budget control, checks issued, remittance, and reports preparation.
In coordination with the streamlining of the provincial government in July 1999, provincial agencies and schools were brought within the scope of operations. In July 2005, the second stage of operation of defense appropriations was implemented to strengthen Centralized Treasury Fund Disbursement. In accordance with government reorganization on January 1, 2013, it was consolidated into the Treasury Disbursement Management Division of the National Treasury Administration, with service scope including the Office of the President, the Five Yuans, and all Ministries, Councils, Offices, and Administrations, totaling over 700 central government agencies across Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu.